What Makes a SiteLabber?
Have you ever heard the expression, "You are what you eat?" Well, here at SiteLab, we believe in a similar concept for where you choose to work.
Located in the heart of La Jolla Shores on Avenida de la Playa (Avenue of the Beach for those non-Spanish speakers out there), SiteLab Interactive attracts a certain kind of person. We actually attract a lot of people, but we can't hire them all. Combined with our strict hiring standards, the definition of a "SiteLabber" has come to mean more than just someone who works at SiteLab.
The Anatomy of a SiteLabber:
- Abhorrence of "The Office Park" - You can't contain us in cubicles. We cannot be held back by strip malls and blase environments. Where we work is at the heart of out identity. When we look away from our desks, we don't look at the back of the guy's head in the cubicle across from us or the corporate artwork hanging on the eggshell colored walls. We work in a vibrant place, so that we create more vibrant work. Our location also doesn't hurt us attracting the best talent.
- An Innate Desire to "Figure Things Out" - The digital world is constantly evolving. Trends come in and out of style online faster than dot coms went out of business in 1999. We've been around since 1994 because we don't give up evolving. A SiteLabber does not rest until the ideal solution is uncovered. We believe the ideal solution exists and we believe we're the ones to figure it out.
- A Deep Seated Need to Prove Yourself - In the online industry we're used to being doubted. It comes with the territory since our field is relatively young. It's OK though because our work is grounded with real-world metrics. We don't do anything, unless we know we can prove how successful it was. Not everything is going to be successful, but you can learn from everything. This belief is at the core of every SiteLabber.
- A Professional, Laid Back Attitude - We don't believe that you have to wear a suit to create valuable work. In fact, we believe quite the opposite. It's not uncommon to see flip flops, ripped jeans and baseball hats all over the office. This doesn't mean we're not all business...it means we let loose, so that our work follows suit. If you want to stand out from the crowd, the first thing you have to do is stop following it.
- A Willingness to Try the Impossible - SiteLabbers come from all walks of life, from all parts of the country. We have New Yorkers, Michiganders, Texans and even the rare breed of native San Diegans. We have preps, punks, jocks and nerds. Coming from all these walks of life, there aren't many of us who ever thought we'd be working on the beach in America's Finest City. But, here we are and here we have been. We're going to keep on keeping on regardless of what others think is possible.